We made this Chocolate Orange tart years ago (before parenthood so must have been 6 years ago!) and I found the recipe on a scrap of paper this week in an old box of photographs. It…is….HEAVEN in pastry.
You can make it plain (but indulgent) without the orange, or on my Instagram I added crystallised ginger. Try mixing it with a few fresh raspberries for a tang or my fave, a shot of baileys. Life made!
It’s rich so you will only need a small slice meaning it goes far. It keeps well in the fridge for days (we have a slice each day with a cuppa). After lockdown it will definitely be on the menu at our first dinner party.
However you plan to eat yours, enjoy every delightful mouthful x
No Bake Chocolate Orange Tart
- 300 g Dark chocolate
- 300 g Milk chocolate
- 300 ml single cream
- 1 x Orange
- 1 x Ready sweet pastry case
- Simmer a small amount of water in a pan and place a glass bowl over it. Add your dark and milk chocoalte to the bowl and stir until melted.
- Grate the zest of the whole orange in and mix. It will smell amazing!
- Add the cream. Stir until it's combined.
- Pour into your pastry case. Grate a little orange zest over. Cool then place in the fridge to fully set (about 30 minutes).