Yes you can cook with Doritos. Yes it’s amazing. Yes it’s indulgent. Yes you need this in your life!
Once you taste this there is no going back. You will be hooked. Spicy, full of flavour, crunchy but with gooey cheese. Perfect. The pictures don’t do this justice.
Replace the vegetarian mince with beef mince if you like, but you might be surprised. It’s hard to tell this is vegetarian
This indulgent Doritos chilli con carne take about 30 minutes to make, and about 5 minutes to eat! You’re welcome!
Indulgent Nachos Chilli
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 x onion (diced)
- g vegetarian mince
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes or a jar of bolognaise sauce
- 1 jar white sauce
- 2 handfuls cheese doritos
- 2 handfuls cheddar cheese (grated)
- 2 tbsp chopped jalepenos
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- salt and pepper to season
- 2 x garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 can Kidney beans (we like the ones in chilli sauce)
- Using a wide based pan, fry the diced onions in the olive oil until soft
- Add the vegetarian mince and garlic. Fry for 2 minutes
- Add the tinned tomatoes. If it's too thick (some vegetarian mince brands soak the juice up A LOT) ad a little water to loosen it up.
- Add the chilli flakes, cumin, kidney beans and season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 180c
- Pour the mixture into a casserole dish. Top with the jar of white sauce, spreading over the top.
- Crumble the Doritos over the top, sprinkle over the jalepenos and then the cheese
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes, or until the cheese has felted and begun to crisp
- Remove from the oven and scatter smashed avocado and sour cream. We like to then serve ours with rice or salad